Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A day at the rink

We have been trying to take advantage of our lull in activities between hockey and baseball to give Madelyn a chance to have some fun.  We went to open skate again this weekend.  This time we talked Megan and Jake into coming with us for some fun on the ice.  Ella spent her time practicing "cross-overs" (a hockey term that I certainly wouldn't explain correctly).  Collin raced mom around the rink, and I won!  I suppose in fairness, I should mention that Collin skated backwards the whole way.  Jake did a great job keeping up considering he has barely spent any time on the ice at all.  And after some coaxing, Madelyn got up the guts to let go....now if only I could get up the guts to "let go"!  Or as parents do we never really "let go" and I should just give up trying and hold on for dear life as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment