Thursday, May 26, 2011

Madelyn learning to ride her bike

 I decided to give Madelyn a try at riding her bike with no training wheels.  She can balance so good on her scooter that I thought she might be able to do it.  So just out of curiosity I took the training wheels off  her bike, to give it a whirl.  The video below is seriously how quickly she learned.  I didn't catch the very first time on video, because I didn't in a million years think she would actually do it.  But the very first time, I ran with her a couple feet and then let go without her realizing that I had let go.  She biked on her own for about 15 feet, before realizing that I wasn't holding on.  Then she stopped pedaling.  She didn't want to try again for a little bit, but once I knew she could do it, I wasn't above bribing her.  A popsicle can go a long way for a little kid in Spring.  After I saw how good she did her very first try, I went in to get the video camera and the rest is literally how it went.  I remember with Collin, running around the entire block holding on to the back of the bike for weeks.  As you can see in the video, we barely had to run behind Madelyn at all.  She literally had it figured out within minutes.  Amazing....I guess being the 3rd child has some advantages.  

1 comment: