Friday, December 11, 2009

"Little Guys"

The other night at hockey Collin was having a really good night....skating hard, being aggresive, etc. Towards the end of the practice they were doing a drill where the kids made two lines at the center of the ice. The coach shot a puc down past the goal and the two kids had to race to it and then try to score. Collin was doing great....skating fast to the goal, getting the puc and even taking shots on the goal. However I noticed that while he was waiting in line he kept screwing around, twirling in circles, losing his balance and falling down. There were times when the whole line would go through and he was totally missing his turn. I figured he was just being lazy, or not paying attention, not wanting to skate, something like that. After practice I said "Collin you might want to try and stay in line better so you don't miss your turn". He said "but mom, at the end I was doing that on purpose so that I could skate against the "little guys" so I could get a goal"!! Apparantely my little "goodie two shoes" is growing up and figuring it out! Besides doesn't he realize he IS the little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment