Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day 2010. We went to church Saturday evening. Sunday morning mommy got crepes for breakfast, then we biked out to grandma and grandpa Bina's (about 5 miles) - the kids did great, we made it in about 35 - 40 minutes. We spent a couple hours there and then headed over to grandma Mary's. The boys put the dock in and we went for a little boat ride.

I have spent a lot of time reflecting on being a mom in the last few months - basically to decide if I like being a mom enough to have any more kids. :) What I have discovered is that I do love being a mom, but in a lot of ways I wasn't living for each day, but rather living for what was going to happen tomorrow. Worrying about our busy schedule tomorrow, thinking about what we will have for dinner tonight or even wondering how Collin will respond the first time someone asks him to "break a rule" (which we all know is at least ten years away!!). What I was missing was just living in the moment of right now, pushing Madelyn on the swing in the backyard for 100th hour of the day, reading another book for the millionth time, or snuggling just a little longer at "snuggle time" before bed - because really where else would I rather be than right there, doing just that! I have three of the best kids on Earth and I love them all so much, what a lucky mom!!

Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment